Bulbear_s Staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Bulbear_, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Bulbear_

Bulbear_ New Member

Staff Application Requirements:
    1) Age: 15+ No exceptions!

25 here, that will not be a problem

2) Active Player! (Online Often)

I am as active as I can be, although having a full-time job makes my "usual online time" quite irregular.

3) Helpful and Knowledgeable FTB Player!

I have played on Yogscast Complete, Agrarian Skies, Hexxit, Voltz, Project Ozone 3, and Skyfactory 3.

4) Has/Uses Discord Often!

Check :)

Staff Application Guideline:
    1) Whats your minecraft username?

Bulbear_

2) What is your discord tag?

Bulbear_#5680

3) Which server do you primarily play on?
    Skyfactory 3/Project Ozone 3 (less than SF3 though)

4)How In-Depth is your knowledge of the FTB Modpacks?

I have been an admin on a different FTB server (primarily on Agrarian Skies and Yogscast Complete (1.6.4). and a couple of Vanilla MC Servers. Although im more of a tech-oreiented player than a magic one, FTB modpacks are in general not very hard to comprehend with a working Google and a curious set of brains. I am able to handle most situations, or able to figure it out quite quickly.

5) Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting each other and you are the only staff member online how would you deal with this situation?

That is a very common and very easy one. For language, I normally would give a max of two warnings, after which I would mute the player(s) flaming/insulting for a 1 minute. If they persist, I'd try a 5 minute mute. after that, its a mute for a day from me. Experience taught me that not being able to talk for a day is usually enough for a player to get the point.

6) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?

Consistent breaking of the rules should always result in a ban. Although for first/second timers, I would give them a chance redeeming themselves.

7) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?
    A bit more maturity than one would expect from a typical MC-player (I suppose because of my age) and about 8 years of admin-level experience. I know the common cheats and how to recognise them, I am aware of the rules and aim to be just a general nice guy to play games with.

8) How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?
    Now this is the tricky one. Because of my job (I work for the military), it is impossible to pinpoint an average of hours that I would be available to play. Some weeks this can be up to 40 hours, some weeks I will not be able to play at all. However, taking into account how much staff I regularly see online at the times I am on (which is mostly only Dodge), I do think I can and will be of added value to the team.

9) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?
    I'm a Dutchie, enjoy sailing and playing the Saxophone and I live with my girlfriend and two turtles (which are rather weird but awesome creatures). Please do feel free to ask me for additional information :)

10) What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)?

GMT/UTC+1 (Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris,). I could be online from anywhere between 6 am and 2 am, because of work

11) Why do you wish to become staff on Complex-FTB?

I have always been staff at a couple of different servers. I quit the last one because of the decreasing playerbase, it was no longer fun to administrate a server which only housed about 5 people at max. However, I do miss being able to help people out and I believe Complex SF3 could really use a European staff member!