Crave16's Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Crave16, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Crave16

Crave16 New Member

1) Whats your minecraft username?
    Crave16

2) What is your discord tag?
    Crave16#7107

3) Which server do you primarily play on?
    PO3, but I enjoy playing various other modpacks

4)How In-Depth is your knowledge of the FTB Modpacks?
    Very, I have been playing FTB since first iteration right after the original Tekkit. I have also been playing Minecraft since the good 'ole days when it was nothing but dirt and stone.

5) Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting each other and you are the only staff member online how would you deal with this situation?

I would ask them to calm it down in general and resolve things in private chat so the rest of the player base does not have to hear the negativity. If they get me involved after that by complaining about each other I would advise them to drop the argument and go their separate ways. Any further conversation beyond that would result in a warning followed by a temporary mute.

6) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?
    If a player is consistently breaking rules there is no excuse. I typically operate off of a 3 strike rule depending on the severity of the infraction. For instance, if a player is bypassing claims, one warning followed by ban. However if they are breaking chat rules, 1 strike to warn them, 2 strikes to mute them, and 3 strikes will ban them. This may be a little harsh, but I've found in my previous servers that people who actually want to play on a server will follow the rules while those who just want to troll will push the line however they can.

7) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?
    I bring experience that most applicants do not have. I have moderated for other servers and I conflict manage for a living IRL. Additionally I have also run and managed a plethora of online communities spanning from WoW guilds to Minecraft servers.

8) How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?
    I'm usually online in the evenings for roughly 5-6 hours on average.

9) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?
    I have plenty of experience moderating servers and have been in management for most of my professional career. If you would like someone who can resolve conflicts and ensure that your player base has an enjoyable experience on the server, I am someone who can make that happen.

10) What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)?
    I live in PST and am usually on from 7pm-1am pretty much every night. Although I also check discord frequently and like to be active on their throughout the day. (BTW, great discord management on this community!)

11) Why do you wish to become staff on Complex-FTB?
    I would like to be staff on Complex because I see this as a server I can be a part of. I find plenty of enjoyment playing the game. However, as I've grown in my minecrafting experiences, I've found a lot more enjoyment in making sure other players have a good time. My others servers I've staffed on have always been very well taken care of by me and the core of everything we do as staff is based around that mentality.

12) How would you respond to a player complaining and being very negative in chat that they lost their items due to a glitch?

First off I would PM them to avoid them bringing more negativity in general chat and then proceed to investigate whether or not this was an actual glitch. In talking with the player if it was discovered to be their mistake I would let them know unfortunately there is no refund for playing the game. I would then most likely TP to their island and spend a little bit of my time to help them rebuild to encourage them to keep playing. Alternatively, if the item loss was found to be caused by a glitch I would collect as much information as possible and submit it for review by administrators.