Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums click to switch
Feed the Beast Forums currently browsing
Vanilla Forums click to switch

FTB Forums

extreme chunk limits...

z1haze

I can understand that most servers have a system in place where only the chunk the player is in and any chunks adjacent to them stay loaded at one time, however on your the SF4 server, it goes beyond that and even limits within a single chunk, meaning if you just stay within a single chunk and built vertically, your items are still being unloaded if they are more than a handful of blocks away vertically. What is the reason for this level if limitations?

_Merlin_Book_

Donator
Donator
Hey bossman, I am going to bump this to Jelly the Manager so he can answer this for you since I personally don't know why it is like that.

Jelly

Manager
Manager
Booster
Administration
I can understand that most servers have a system in place where only the chunk the player is in and any chunks adjacent to them stay loaded at one time, however on your the SF4 server, it goes beyond that and even limits within a single chunk, meaning if you just stay within a single chunk and built vertically, your items are still being unloaded if they are more than a handful of blocks away vertically. What is the reason for this level if limitations?
Hi there, apologies for the issue, and thank you for bringing it to our attention.
The bug has now been fixed, if you could please verify this, that would be fantastic.
Thank you :)

z1haze

I had actually stopped playing on the server because of it. I will load back up this afternoon and run my test again. Thanks for looking into this, I really had no intention of you doing anything about it :D

z1haze

I tried to hop on during a break and check it out, but the server appears to be offline. Let me know when it is back up and ill test

_Merlin_Book_

Donator
Donator
Hey Bossman the server is back online if you want to come online and check if the fix that we implemented works.