AdriaSquash's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by AdriaSquash, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:07 AM.

1. AdriaSquash

AdriaSquash New Member

1) What's your Minecraft username?
    AdriaSquash

2) What is your discord tag? (Example: @Admin#1234 - ensure you've joined the Complex discord)
    AdriaSquash#7811

3) Which server do you primarily play on? (Red, Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Gold, Silver)
    Red

4) How In-Depth is your knowledge of Pixelmon?
    Embarrassing as it's, my pixelmon knowledge isn't anywhere as advanced as I wish it to be. At this point, I would just consider myself average pixelmon player with advanced knowledge of the game itself (normal minecraft). I also use the wiki a lot which is a great tool that helps with answering questions that get asked.

5) Are you above the age requirement for staff. If not, why do you believe you are at an acceptable level of maturity.
    I'm currently 18, so yes I'm over the age requirement & I do consider myself very mature when it comes down to it.

6) Scenario: 2 Players are arguing and insulting each other and you are the only staff member online, how would you deal with this situation?
    It mostly depends on what kind of situation is escalating and exactly what commands I have access to. But the first thing that I will do and always do is to get proof, proof of what has happened, what rule was broken, etc (if possible in one screenshot). After getting sufficient proof, I would start with the punishments & naturally it depends on which rank I am, what commands I have and so on.. If I only have access to mute then I would have started with warning both of the players to cut it out at the same time I would try to solve their issue as there was mostly something that sparked the argument/insult spree. If it comes down to that the players don't even try to solve the problem but continues insulting each other then I would start with the second offense (first was a warn) which will be kick/mute depending on which guidelines this server uses & which commands I have access to. But if they continue after getting kicked/muted after the second offence then I would move towards the third which will be a lot more excessive like tempbanning. If I don't have access to any commands then I would contact a higher ranked staff member as soon as possible.

7) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?
    As always I would first of start with getting proof, as proof is the number one priority when it comes to punishing someone as they can just appeal the ban and cause lots unnecessary drama which can be avoided. Of course you can also get logs but that's just unnecessary work for the higher ups, the time can be used on something much more proactive or other appeals. First of I would have warned the player to stop it, depending on what the player is doing. If it's only spamming or character spam then I would have started with a warning but if the player is constantly advertising etc other servers then I would of course instantly permban the player. If I don't have access to the ban command then I would contact a higher staff member asking them to ban the player. But if the player is only spamming and continues even after the second offense then I would have kicked them/eventually muted right away depending on the guidelines. For the third offence I would most likely tempban/ask somebody which a higher ranked position to tempban this player after providing proof. If the player is instead underselling an item multiple times ever after getting a warning then I would have jailed the person for a certain time of period. I don't know what the third offense would be but I'm guessing more jail time. But before warning the player I would have private messaged them and ask if they can remove the listening and use ./pricelist to get the correct price.

8) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?
    A very long time ago, maybe 3-4 years now I used to own a server myself, I have owned up to 5 servers which one of them was pixelmon and from that I have learned a lot, the experience has built up even if it was many years ago. I have gotten the necessary skills to deal with every situation that will arise, staying calm in stressful moments is also one of my strengths. The servers I owned used to bring around 50-70 players daily depending on which day it was. Not only have I owned servers but I have also managed tons and tons of servers, all ranging from small ones to the more big ones. The small ones are quite irrelevant as they all have closed down by now but that doesn't change the fact that I have gotten experience from managing the servers and I would definitely not be where I'm right now without them! The three major servers that I consider "big" myself are TLC (Also known as Saico now), WarSide, Breach. TLC rebranded as saico but I was staff on their faction server and kits, warside closed down around one year ago but I was a sr.mod for around 6 months, breach is still open but it's quite dead right now but it had around 100-150 players daily. Sadly I have never been staff on a pixelmon server except my own as I was never interested in becoming staff rather I would aim for gym leader. But I don't think that should affect me in any kind of way or shape as I do have tons of experience built upon being a staff. I would consider myself a veteran by now as I have been playing minecraft for a few years and been staff on a lot of servers but I still think I got lots to learn.

9) How many hours a week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?
    Right now when it's summer I can play around anywhere from 5-18 hours a day (I try to keep 12 hours max daily so I don't go mental). But starting from 2nd September I will be moving and starting University and I think I will be able to play around 28 hours weekly.

10) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you? (If you'd prefer to keep this private you can tell us if we decide to promote you)
    I'm a fairly new player, I have only played for 8 days I think but I hope that it won't affect my chances as much as it probably should do. As I also mentioned in question 9, I will be moving out of my home and start university starting 2nd Sep. But I will need an absent from 30th Aug --> 10th Sep or something along those lines as I need time to move all my stuff and my pc etc.

11) What timezone do you live in and at what times do you normally play the server? (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)
    GMT+2, mostly during nights around 8pm-5am, this will mostly change when I start school so probably around 4pm-8 , 9pm

12) Why do you wish to become staff on Complex-Pixelmon?
    As I have mentioned before, I have never been an actual staff on a pixelmon server except my own so I do want to add that to my list. I already have a habit of helping everyone in chat when I see their question & I know the answer (if I don't then I just wiki it), I do wish to help out everyone in chat when it's needed and stop those undersellers as they ruin the economy. I enjoy how the economy is built on the server even if it can be a struggle to earn money but it's mostly quite fun & it's pretty sad to see people starting to undersell to make a profit. I want to be able to help people as much as possible, and by just being a player then I'm quite limited to just chat. Rather than being able to punish people that are harassing etc. Of course I would report right away if someone would be getting harassed in chat but the damage is done until someone reviews the proof & punishes the actual player.

13) Please screenshot your /splaytime on your main server and link below to show your playtime.
    Can't post it but it's 3D 11H 30M

#1 AdriaSquash, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:07 AM
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 3:09 AM