Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

Forge installation guide instructions DON'T WORK

I've tried everything in the instructions SEVERAL TIMES and nothing works. The link to minecraft forge 'Minecraft Forge' doesn't even fucking work, so I had to search it up myself and i got this 'forge-1.18.2-40.0.36-installer'. the other thing saying that it's a link 'Minecraft Forge V2838 Download: http://tiny.cc/ForgeV2768' sends me to some Korean shit here 'https://minecraftapkindircepde.blogspot.com' that seems to be advertisement for minecraft? (Google translate sucks ass)

I followed the instructions TO THE LETTER and I STILL CAN'T GET SHIT WORKING. I CAN'T USE TECHNIC LAUNCHER BECAUSE WHEN I USE MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT THAT I USUALLY USE TO PLAY MINECRAFT IT GOES BRAINDEAD AND SAYS I DON'T HAVE JAVA EDITION ON MY ACCOUNT, AND I FORGOT WHAT MY PASSWORD WAS FOR MY MOJANG ACCOUNT. I'M GETTING FUCKED IN THE ASS SO HARD BY BOTH MY INEPTITUDE AND YOUR OUTDATED AND BLATENTLY WRONG GUIDES!

image_2022-04-02_183311.png

Yoshi771

Well first off, you should be using the forge installer for Minecraft 1.12.2, since that is the version used - *not* 1.18.2. It also looks like you have the server version of the Pixelmon mod in your folder, not the client version.

Well first off, you should be using the forge installer for Minecraft 1.12.2, since that is the version used - *not* 1.18.2. It also looks like you have the server version of the Pixelmon mod in your folder, not the client version.
This all is after the first two or three attempts, including me downloading other stuff. I was thinking "Okay maybe I need a different version of pixelmon" or something along those lines

image_2022-04-02_190050.png
Btw which one should I download?

I'm just gonna go with the recommended one. thank you for helping me out, still hate the installation guide due to its broken links though so I hope that it'll be fixed soon

Yoshi771

Yep, use 2860. If you're looking for more immediate assistance then I'd highly recommend making a ticket on the server Discord so it's easier to have a proper conversation with someone!