Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

General economy and editor tokens

Chef_luminous

Hello all!
I am new to the server and wanted to know a few things before getting into it. How do you get the tokens for pixel on editor? And for the general game currency, how do you get that beyond voting? Is it just from the market and selling Pokémon? What is the best way to get money essentially.

ImDutch

Hey mate,

It really depends on the server, which one do you play on currently? On all of them in general though, breeding is quite a nice way of making money if you can get a certain Hidden Ability Pokémon that nobody else has that'll sell nicely :p

Chef_luminous

I play on the sapphire server. Right now just been getting a base setup after the rest pretty much. Is there a good breeding guide on YouTube or something?

Chef_luminous

The only question I have with this is, how do you get a Pokémon with good ivs? You could be breading thousands to get a poke with all 31 ivs just to start.

ImDutch

The only question I have with this is, how do you get a Pokémon with good ivs? You could be breading thousands to get a poke with all 31 ivs just to start.
There's Egg Groups which can be found at https://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/Egg_Groups So as example if you'd want to start breeding I'd go for Magikarp which is Egg Group Water2/Dragon and easily can be caught with an Old Rod where you can attempt to get 31 IVs. You can breed Magikarp with a lot of cool things when you look up the egg group!

Chef_luminous

Ok. I believe I got a super rod from a drop which I’m assuming will be even better to catch magikarp. Does ditto breeding work well on this server? Like a ditto with another ditto? Or what’s the best strategy to use dittos?
With the egg groups what’s the best way to catch a Pokémon from each group with high ivs? Is that even possible or would you have to trade/buy from people? I’d prefer to catch things cause it makes it a challenge to some extent :)

ImDutch

Ok. I believe I got a super rod from a drop which I’m assuming will be even better to catch magikarp. Does ditto breeding work well on this server? Like a ditto with another ditto? Or what’s the best strategy to use dittos?
With the egg groups what’s the best way to catch a Pokémon from each group with high ivs? Is that even possible or would you have to trade/buy from people? I’d prefer to catch things cause it makes it a challenge to some extent :)
An Old Rod catches Magikarps easier, ditto breeding is also a thing on here but from what I know, Dittos are extremely rare. Most people use Dittos to fill their Pokedex % for /pokedex. I'd just go for Magikarps only for now, then with that Dragon/Water2 you can breed Magikarp with anyone else in that egg group, then work to get all Egg groups from there. If you're looking specifically for a challenge I'd go and find Hidden Ability Pokémons, there's a lot of useful ones that you could try for, they have a 1/150 chance to be Hidden Ability. Good luck :D<

Chef_luminous

So one thing I’m doing is using the power bands when breeding. When you do that one 2 Pokémon do all the rest of the stats become random or does it still give a total of 3 stats including the ones with the power bands on it? Also what server do you play on? I’m on the sapphire server if you ever wanted to see my breeding junk

ImDutch

Haha I play on Pearl mainly I'd say, and yeah if you have a power band on one Pokémon it'll bring the power band iv + 2 ivs of him along to the child.