Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

Grass gym

Gamer38nori

I have a full team of level 55 pokemon with moves that are super effective. However, i cannot beat them. I would get through 4 to 5 pokemon then get swept. What are some tips to beating this gym and future gyms.

Link_TJZ

I have a full team of level 55 pokemon with moves that are super effective. However, i cannot beat them. I would get through 4 to 5 pokemon then get swept. What are some tips to beating this gym and future gyms.
Hi Gamer38nori!

Great question! The gyms on the server are challenging and difficult for a reason: to fully test your skills with Pokemon. In my opinion, the Grass Gym is the hardest gym in the entire set; however, if you get past that, then you should be fine. Listed below are some pointers regarding the gyms:

1) Gym Leader's Pokemon are designed to counter (almost) anything you can throw at it. They are BP (Battle Perfect) and hard-wired to counter your team. However, one con is that their teams and the Pokemon's movesets do not change. Keep this in mind.
2) Your Pokemon should be Battle Perfect (BP). As is evident from the term, BP Pokemon are Pokemon with 5 IVs at the maximum value of 31 and the correct nature for the respective Pokemon. Each criterion for a specific Pokemon is different, and the only way to get them is by breeding Pokemon or by buying one from a player (there are usually some on sale in /gts). For more information on breeding, click here.
3) Your Pokemon should be EV trained. To EV train your Pokemon, you can go to /warp EVTraining to train specific EVS. To know what type of EVs you should train, I'd suggest looking up your Pokemon on Smogon.
4) Have Bag Items. Max Revives. Full Restores. The whole shebang. Always handy to have.
5) For the Grass Gym specifically, make sure to use Quiver Dance on your Volcarona. If you can get 2 or 3 Quiver Dances in, you will most likely be able to sweep every Pokemon with a strong move.
6) Luck. In most cases, luck plays a lot. But, just keep trying!

These are some of the notable tips I can list off the top of my head. If someone has some more, then hopefully that will help you out even more.

Cheers!

Skycrafter270

Hi Gamer38nori!

Great question! The gyms on the server are challenging and difficult for a reason: to fully test your skills with Pokemon. In my opinion, the Grass Gym is the hardest gym in the entire set; however, if you get past that, then you should be fine. Listed below are some pointers regarding the gyms:

1) Gym Leader's Pokemon are designed to counter (almost) anything you can throw at it. They are BP (Battle Perfect) and hard-wired to counter your team. However, one con is that their teams and the Pokemon's movesets do not change. Keep this in mind.
2) Your Pokemon should be Battle Perfect (BP). As is evident from the term, BP Pokemon are Pokemon with 5 IVs at the maximum value of 31 and the correct nature for the respective Pokemon. Each criterion for a specific Pokemon is different, and the only way to get them is by breeding Pokemon or by buying one from a player (there are usually some on sale in /gts). For more information on breeding, click here.
3) Your Pokemon should be EV trained. To EV train your Pokemon, you can go to /warp EVTraining to train specific EVS. To know what type of EVs you should train, I'd suggest looking up your Pokemon on Smogon.
4) Have Bag Items. Max Revives. Full Restores. The whole shebang. Always handy to have.
5) For the Grass Gym specifically, make sure to use Quiver Dance on your Volcarona. If you can get 2 or 3 Quiver Dances in, you will most likely be able to sweep every Pokemon with a strong move.
6) Luck. In most cases, luck plays a lot. But, just keep trying!

These are some of the notable tips I can list off the top of my head. If someone has some more, then hopefully that will help you out even more.

Cheers!
If the grass gym is the hardest of the batch, why is it the first gym? It's really hard to get battle perfect pokemon on this server, especially when you have to sit next to the breeding pokemon for at least an hour. If I leave they wont finish.

Link_TJZ

If the grass gym is the hardest of the batch, why is it the first gym? It's really hard to get battle perfect pokemon on this server, especially when you have to sit next to the breeding pokemon for at least an hour. If I leave they wont finish.
Hey Skycrafter270,

Great question! The only reason why some players find it a bit harder is due to the fact that many beginners do not realize that the Gyms are designed to be extremely difficult. Many neglect the points that I made in the previous post; however, once you figure out how the gyms work and finally beat the Grass Gym, the rest may be a bit easier. Also, keep in mind that there are a handful of players that claim the Grass Gym was the easiest of all the gyms, so it truly does depend on each individual player's circumstances.

In terms of breeding, the Pokemon will continue to breed regardless if you are not online or if the chunk is not loaded. You do not need to sit next to the breeder the entire time (as Talonium mentioned). However, remember to wait for the Pokemon in the breeder to physically spawn in before you interact with the Ranch Block, or else you will reset the timer.

Cheers!

MrFurry0verlord

Hey mate, if you’re having trouble obtaining BP’s, I highly recommend making use of the /bingo feature on the server, catching every pokemon on the board grants you 150 tokens and 35k pokedollars and is incredible for new players!

Taikiy49

Another easy way to collect the IVs you need for breeding is to do /hunt. /hunt gives you boosted IVs and increases your chance of getting high IV Pokemons you may need for your breeders.