Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

Hey, so what is this craaazzyyy server reset thing

Thedarkdemon34

Hi there once in a while the server resets when it needs a refresher how ever the resets are never plannend in and we dont know when they happen

Link_TJZ

Hi NerdyTnT,

There are two types of resets that may occur on the server:
1) Routine Server Restarts. These restarts occur in 8-hour intervals and do not get rid of anyone's progress prior to the restart. This is just to ensure that the server does not crash and does not have too much lag. You can check the next restart time by running the command /restart time.
2) (Very Rare) Entire Server Reset. These resets involve an entire color server being reset (i.e. Player World reset, Pokedex reset, Gym Progress reset). These occur on rare occasions, and there is not ETA on them. If you purchased a rank on that server, you will keep your rank. Any purchases made within the last 30 days of that reset will be refunded. Once again, there is no set date for resets.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know and we will gladly answer them.

Cheers!

Keiyo

Why does the server need a full reset? and doesn't that invalidate the progress
everyone has done?
servers are fully reset to allow the server to feel fresh when playing, im sure you can understand how it would become boring for new and old players alike if everything you would get a feeling of a achievement for has been done hundreds of times before months before you.

NightmareVee9

servers are fully reset to allow the server to feel fresh when playing, im sure you can understand how it would become boring for new and old players alike if everything you would get a feeling of a achievement for has been done hundreds of times before months before you.
i can understand that, but to those who haven't reached that stage it can feel dejecting to loss so much progress in not only the dex, but also the pokemon themselves that they use for battles. and with it being unannounced it can cause there to be multiple negative feelings associated with it that can cause those newer to the server to dislike it and potentially cause them to loose all interest in the server, along with sharing that disinterest with others. is there a way to transfer even just 6 pokemon to the next game? i can understand no bp and/or ha or even legendary pokemon as that would cause an early influx in the market's economy, but that would at least feel less like a reset and more like starting a new chapter in their "story"

Keiyo

i can understand that, but to those who haven't reached that stage it can feel dejecting to loss so much progress in not only the dex, but also the pokemon themselves that they use for battles. and with it being unannounced it can cause there to be multiple negative feelings associated with it that can cause those newer to the server to dislike it and potentially cause them to loose all interest in the server, along with sharing that disinterest with others. is there a way to transfer even just 6 pokemon to the next game? i can understand no bp and/or ha or even legendary pokemon as that would cause an early influx in the market's economy, but that would at least feel less like a reset and more like starting a new chapter in their "story"
Sadly no, a restart is as stated, a complete redo of your progress, while restarts are not scheduled they normally happen more or less yearly, i apologies but we are not able to bring back any of your old Pokemon/items from the last reset.