Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

i cant join on pixelmon

XxMrHadesxX

everytime i try to connect this pops up and i cant join ...

The error says the authentication servers are down for maintenance. Authentication refers to the process of recognizing your username and password and making sure you are an authentic user. This is something only Mojang can do, as they are the ones who administered your password.
Other multiplayer game servers may still be online, but these servers are not the same as authentication servers. If a game server is online and you try to log in while the authentication servers are down, you will not be able to play because Mojang will not be able to verify that you are a registered user. You will have to wait until the servers are back online before you can log in (this is usually not very long as Minecraft is in high demand).

J4niM3

The error says the authentication servers are down for maintenance. Authentication refers to the process of recognizing your username and password and making sure you are an authentic user. This is something only Mojang can do, as they are the ones who administered your password.
Other multiplayer game servers may still be online, but these servers are not the same as authentication servers. If a game server is online and you try to log in while the authentication servers are down, you will not be able to play because Mojang will not be able to verify that you are a registered user. You will have to wait until the servers are back online before you can log in (this is usually not very long as Minecraft is in high demand).
so i just need to wait? or..?