Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

IMO Complex is just like a dictatorship. If you disagree that's fine.

iiGxdly_2440

The title is self-explanatory. I truly believe Complex is a MC dictatorship server.

I believe this for a few reasons.

1. I said in chat on pixelmon pearl recently, "On brilliant diamond (for the nintendo switch) I traded my Ho-oh for a hidden ability/MultiScale Lugia and I got given a jirachi for another pokemon" and one of the staff on pearl at that time instantly got involved, and the "brilliant diamond" (for the nintendo switch) completely flew right over their head and they completely jumped to conclusions, believing I did it on their server. I only see this as proof that its a dictatorship.
2. I'm sure everyone here can agree the staff enforce the rules WAY too heavily and WAY too often. Its like all they want is to have absolute authority over everyone. That's a dictatorship is it not?
There is a solution to this large issue in complex. For starters, the staff should stop acting like dictators that ONLY care about enforcing rules and nothing else. After they do this they should make the economy what it should be and not be so strict on the rules. For example I wanted to see the extent of the "no freebies" rule and tried giving an apple -- yes, a regular apple; one thats a vanilla minecraft item, not an item from pixelmon -- something that's completely worthless, probably not even worth a single coin in pixelmon -- to a staff as some sort of test. And not even that is allowed. This just again proves that Complex is less a server and more a dictatorship. I think things like dirt, stone and cobblestone, everything that is part of vanilla minecraft, and that is easy to get, like grass or cobblestone, etc. this stuff should have nothing to do with the economy, and should be considered worthless for things outside of building and should be made free. I mean, stone related stuff (cobblestone, granite, etc) literally costs 1 coin in /shops. Its basically worthless, and 1 stack of one of these is only 64 coins. Think about how many coins several players have on the pixelmon servers. Its in the 100,000 or more range, the new players being an exception.

If anything should be changed within complex it should be the strictness of the rules and how much staff go out of their ways to enforce the full strictness of these rules. Also, staff should pay attention to what players say more often than not, rather than jumping to conclusions when they simply misunderstand what's being said... I deal with this enough already... I think the staff of complex need to change entirely. There's not even any sort of good in the staffing system for complex, or any server for that matter. Its all about "If you follow our rules you're allowed here. If you don't you get punished."

I think the staff care more about upholding the server's rules than the server itself.... Wouldn't you agree? But if you don't thats fine, this is just my opinion.

iiGxdly_2440

I was once a staff for complex, and resigned only 1 week after becoming staff because I didn't agree with the dictatorship this server is and I didn't want to be one of those "dictators".

IBeGood

I don't really agree with your first point as that is one instance and I feel like it could have been easily misunderstood and misinterpreted.
Also I don't think you even know what a 'dictatorship' is because according to google a dictator is 'a ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained control by force' and I don't think enforcing server rules is being a dictator.
Furthermore I feel like if the rules were more vague and allowed people to give free vanilla items they could be exploited and abused and them being vague helps the mods enforce them in serious, also normally the mods wouldn't really punish you for doing something that small and they would just warn you. Furthermore, you say that these vanilla items are so cheap to buy, then why would you need to get them for free if they are so cheap and worthless.

However, I would like to say I am not a mod and this is just what I think.