Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

Lag problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilTidePode

I think that the red server needs some restarts some times because it is really laggy and it kicks me all the time because of it and it does it to my friends as well. It makes flying and battling pokemon almost impossible becuase they freeze and then it crashes. I hope you do something about this. Again its on the pokemon red server.

Link_TJZ

Hi LilTidePode,

Thank you for the bug report! Under the current health conditions, the server has been receiving a high influx of players each day and we are currently looking into measures to minimize the lag that many players (including myself) are experiencing. While I urge you to bear with us, the internet connection for all players will be significantly unstable simply due to the fact that every person is (or should be) working at home, which places much more "stress" on your Wifi. While the server does automatically restart every 8 hours to diminish the lag, it may not be able to get rid of the lag completely. As we continue to adapt to the new normal that is life living under a pandemic, here a few ways you can minimize the lag on your end is by:

1) Close all non-essential browsers. This will ensure that your computer is focused on the game.
2) Download the Complex Pixelmon Modpack. This will provide a much better in-game experience and reduce the lag you might experience.

These are not always full-proof but will aid in reducing the lag. We do apologize for the inconvenience this lag may cause, as we understand that many players simply want to have a nice server to play on, especially under such stressful conditions. If there is anything else, please feel free to let us know and we will help out as soon as possible! Stay healthy and safe.

Cheers!

Ominous

it isnt connection lag its more like server lag the server freezes completely. its not to due with players connection

Link_TJZ

it isnt connection lag its more like server lag the server freezes completely. its not to due with players connection
Hi Ominous!

We have many routine events in place to reduce the lag as much as possible, such as scheduled Server Restarts (every 8 hours), Clear Lag and PokeClear (clears ground items and non-special Pokemon every 10 minutes, ensuring that lag-causing entities are removed frequently), etc. There are also many other factors that cause lag for certain players, which are listed below:

1) Render Distance. Having excessive chunks loading in will result in lag, especially if your computer does not have the needed power for it. We recommend changing from the default 10 to a value between 6-8.
2) Location. Your location can greatly affect your connection to our server. We highly recommend you use our respective US and EU server IPS based on your location.
3) Latency, Bandwidth, and Internet Connection. This means there can be a lag between input from your computer to it appearing on your and other screens. To explain it in an actual scenario, take the example of you placing a block in front of your friend. Firstly you have to click to place the block, that information then has to travel up to 12,756 km (diameter of the earth) to the server. Then, this information has to be processed and sent out to your friend's computer, which might be up to another 12,756 km away. Traveling this long distance can take a while.
4) High Volume of Players. As I mentioned previously, due to the recent health crisis, we have been experiencing a much higher volume of players. Sometimes, with so many connections, it may be difficult to process normal connections, especially if your computer/internet is lacking the necessary strength to run the program. This is similar to how roads get slower and blocked with traffic when there is a lot of cars.

I hope this clears some confusion regarding the lag you are experiencing on the server. We are always constantly monitoring the situation and working to ensure that every player has an enjoyable experience on the server (with as minimal lag as possible), especially during this difficult time. If you need anything else, please feel free to let us know and we'll answer right away! Stay safe and healthy.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.