Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

Muted Questionably

Ecstaticism

Hello. I have a story to tell, I'm basically displeased with how staff handled things in one instance. I was muted for 15 minutes, and before you click off, know that I am generally a very reasonable person. Ok, so story time. I was online, just enjoying the server, and as many people know, yes, I have always had a good time on the server. I often have lighthearted conversation with other players. That brings me to one conversation. I had noticed someone had character spammed in the chat, and Sponge had made a face, ">:O" to be exact. I then said "Woooah, don't character spam." A minute later I take a peek at the chat.
[Oblv] Mod Dael » I just warned a guy for char spam Ecstaticism
[Oblv] Mod Dael » Why do you think that was a good idea?
Sure enough, I looked up in the chat, and I saw that Dael had warned the individual for character spam. I had not noticed this previously, and was getting kind of nervous about it. So I responded with "idk". A minute later, I see this in chat.
"You have been muted for 15 minutes!"
I want to first point out, this was a minor offense when it comes to character spam. Second, I was NEVER issued any warning and had not had ANY warnings prior to this. I had not been acting up in the chat either, I was barely even talking. I forgot to take a screenshot, but I have looked through my chat logs, so here they are.
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:24 [INFO] [16:34:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You are muted and cannot speak for 15 minutes.
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:24 [INFO] [16:34:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Reason: Character Spam
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:25 [INFO] [16:34:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] *PirateMC13 has gone AFK.
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:26 [INFO] [16:34:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Player 0N0N » bruh anybody else just not able to catch anything like your ball just doesnt hit
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:38 [INFO] [16:34:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] *hitL has gone AFK.
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:41 [INFO] [16:34:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Warning: Character Spam is against our server's rules, I suggest reading our /rules (expires in 3 days)
Notice the warning was issued after I had been muted.
From there, I'll get to the point. I realize yes, I had broken a rule. But it seems that Dael was in a bad mood, which lead to me being muted. The job of staff is to help the community, and there is no benefit to muting a player simply making a joke. My words didn't hurt anybody. I personally have experience as a staff member on a PVP server that hosted about 50 players in a lobby at a time. It's a staff member's job to stay calm and handle situations reasonably, and not to let their emotions get to them. If you are having some sort of issues, you should log off the server and take some time to cool down. I know it was only 15 minutes, but even so, it's the reasoning, or lack of, that got me to write this post.

To sum up the story: I broke a minor rule and got muted by a staff member who was having a bad day. No warning.

Link_TJZ

Hello. I have a story to tell, I'm basically displeased with how staff handled things in one instance. I was muted for 15 minutes, and before you click off, know that I am generally a very reasonable person. Ok, so story time. I was online, just enjoying the server, and as many people know, yes, I have always had a good time on the server. I often have lighthearted conversation with other players. That brings me to one conversation. I had noticed someone had character spammed in the chat, and Sponge had made a face, ">:O" to be exact. I then said "Woooah, don't character spam." A minute later I take a peek at the chat.
[Oblv] Mod Dael » I just warned a guy for char spam Ecstaticism
[Oblv] Mod Dael » Why do you think that was a good idea?
Sure enough, I looked up in the chat, and I saw that Dael had warned the individual for character spam. I had not noticed this previously, and was getting kind of nervous about it. So I responded with "idk". A minute later, I see this in chat.
"You have been muted for 15 minutes!"
I want to first point out, this was a minor offense when it comes to character spam. Second, I was NEVER issued any warning and had not had ANY warnings prior to this. I had not been acting up in the chat either, I was barely even talking. I forgot to take a screenshot, but I have looked through my chat logs, so here they are.
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:24 [INFO] [16:34:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You are muted and cannot speak for 15 minutes.
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:24 [INFO] [16:34:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Reason: Character Spam
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:25 [INFO] [16:34:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] *PirateMC13 has gone AFK.
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:26 [INFO] [16:34:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Player 0N0N » bruh anybody else just not able to catch anything like your ball just doesnt hit
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:38 [INFO] [16:34:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] *hitL has gone AFK.
[B#554] 2020/06/22 16:34:41 [INFO] [16:34:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Warning: Character Spam is against our server's rules, I suggest reading our /rules (expires in 3 days)
Notice the warning was issued after I had been muted.
From there, I'll get to the point. I realize yes, I had broken a rule. But it seems that Dael was in a bad mood, which lead to me being muted. The job of staff is to help the community, and there is no benefit to muting a player simply making a joke. My words didn't hurt anybody. I personally have experience as a staff member on a PVP server that hosted about 50 players in a lobby at a time. It's a staff member's job to stay calm and handle situations reasonably, and not to let their emotions get to them. If you are having some sort of issues, you should log off the server and take some time to cool down. I know it was only 15 minutes, but even so, it's the reasoning, or lack of, that got me to write this post.

To sum up the story: I broke a minor rule and got muted by a staff member who was having a bad day. No warning.
Hey Ecstaticism,

I'm sorry you feel as though you were unreasonably punished on our servers. We do train our staff intensively and monitor their activity throughout their time as a staff member to ensure that they are not only part of the community but also ensuring the servers are safe for everyone to enjoy; consequently, we take any report of misconduct by one of our staff members earnestly and with immense consideration. If you have any other questions and concerns, please feel free to DM me or create a ticket on our Discord in the #help-and-support channel and a staff member will address them. Stay safe and healthy.

Cheers.