Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

Nether/End accessable for home locations

Saturn-XVI

Hello, long time lurker. I've been off and on playing since late 2016, thoroughly enjoying it here when I'm able to play. Now then, onto why we're all here.

Throughout my time playing, I've noticed something quite annoying about the main Pixelmon worlds; You come across either abandoned, hardly active, or active bases all over. It can make for newer players building feeling awkward about setting up close to people if they can't find spots (10 minute cool-down on /rtp really slows down base location exploration). Into thinking about potential solutions, I found out these regions in question are disabled (I'm assuming due to lack of support from Pixelmon itself, and the rough nature of both regions.). Since these regions aren't essential to Pixelmon itself, there really isn't much harm in opening the gates. I'll explain why below.

Idea: Allow access to the End and Nether regions for the use of home locations.

Why?: Allowing players to build in these regions will open up the main world for either two things; 1) Scarcer population density, which leads to newer players finding their first home, and more veteran players moving into these regions as they'll have the necessary equipment to deal with the conditions. or 2) Allow the use of world regen, letting ores, minerals, trees, and whatnot naturally regenerate over time (Through the use of a plug-in, I'm aware MC doesn't do that normally.). This will lead to the lack of a need to wipe the worlds consistently and reset everyone. With 1 initial wipe to format the servers to this idea, the server would be able to maintain itself via resources, population density, and potential overall reduction of lag.

Cons:
-While the world would maintain, the economy may need slight adjusting. An infinitely ran world will eventually lead to a top 1%, I do believe there's enough active players and inflow of newer players to keep it healthy. Store prices may need to be altered a bit to accommodate, otherwise I don't for see any bigger changes to it than that.
-This would open up the need to "look out for abandoned places" since the lack of wipes would lead to a excess of old homes, I'm certain you could code a command to search for claims older than X days, and either teleport you to them to investigate, or another command to just delete the blocks within it.
-There is the issue of homes in the main world being "regenerated" or obstructed by the natural regen, I firmly believe you could develop it to ignore blocks and areas within claims.

Very much open to constructive criticism, negative comments will be ignored.

Names' Plasmetic, and thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Pand_aaa

But who would want to build a base in the nether/end? There aren't really suitable living conditions there.

Saturn-XVI

But who would want to build a base in the nether/end? There aren't really suitable living conditions there.
I'd personally love to build in the End or even the Nether. I've played Minecraft for quite some time, the main world does get a tad boring after a while lol

barbiana

Adding in whole new dimensions would produce so much more unnecessary lag. I personally have never had an issue finding unpopulated places to build and Pixelmon are already spawned enough in the overworld that the Pokemon despawning and ground item clearing would have to extend to other dimensions. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that all of the Nether and End spawns can also be spawned in the overworld on this server.