Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

Rule 4) "Use of any mods/clients that can give you or any other person an advantage in game is strictly forbidden"

LeBlueDolphin

Hello,

I believe the wording and enforcement of this rule do not match. Today I was sentenced to 1 hour in jail for "Illegal Mod/Macro" on the Pixelmon Blue server. If someone were to be using a script of some kind to send some sort of input which happens to allow them to bypass Anti-AFK, then I personally would not consider them being given an advantage in game. I gave the staff on-duty who had jailed me a short hypothetical about a player using some sort of physical (real life) mechanism that manipulated their mouse and/or keyboard in some way and had asked if that would be considered a client (with the rule being given to me as context) and they told me that in their opinion, they did not believe this mechanism to match the language used in the rule, they would not consider this a "client" but they advised against something like this in the event a staffmember construed this as being a "mod/client."

I think either the language of the rule should change in the rule to account for its flexible enforcement by staff or somehow ComplexGaming should make it known that its staff will punish players they suspect are breaking a rule but do not have to be sure.

If you would like the whole situation, the chat is recorded on the pixelmon-blue text channel on the discord and starts with me saying in chat, "test" at 6:45am EST.

LeBlueDolphin

I guess I'm really just wondering where the line is drawn between legal and illegal for specifically anti-afk. It's legal for my hands to be touching my keyboard and mouse. Would it be illegal for me to hold a stick in each hand and control them that way? What about 2 metal rods? 2 metal rods that move twice when I tap them once? A runway for my mouse and an alternating rod pusher for the W key? Scripts for these inputs is where I'm guessing the line is drawn but it seems to me that the previous option could appear the same as the script(s) and the specific staffmember would have sent to jail all the same. I know there's a common sense rule but common sense really isn't common so I can't really take that and apply it in any specific way so I'm gonna just take this rule by itself and ask: "Where is the line?"

Talonium

Hello, LeBlueDolphin.

Any sort of anti-AFK mods are considered a breach of our rules. The entire point of our AFK system is to allow other players to join the server if another is kicked for inactivity - in the scenario that the server in question is at max capacity. If a player, in any form, attempts to bypass this system, it can and will be punished. There is your line.

I hope I've made myself very clear.