Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

This is just my opinion about complex and other servers that do similar stuff.

iiGxdly_2440

You may disagree with what is said in this thread but its just my opinion.

Complex seems to me as more of a dictatorship than anything else. I have certain reasons for saying something that seems so disrespectful to the complex staff, which are as follows.

Every time I played complex, I'd notice staff basically going out of their way to have full control of the players. The way I see this is they want everyone to follow the rules too much. And having all these rules being too heavily enforced upon players makes it look like a dictatorship. Its as if all the staff are "power hungry". I mean, they focus more on enforcing rules than actually helping others. And to the staff this can be disrespectful. But if staff read this, please do not take it personally. I was once a staff also and resigned very soon after becoming a staff for complex because I didn't agree with the ways the staff handled things- like rulers of a dictatorship.

Recently, I brought up in public chat that on Pixelmon Pearl on Complex that on Pokemon: Brilliant Diamond (for the nintendo switch) I had traded my ho-oh for a hidden ability/Multiscale Lugia. One of the staff that was on, whose username I won't say for specific reasons, instantly got involved and tried getting to the bottom of this and tried punishing me but didn't when they realized what I meant, completely jumping to conclusions, simply because they misunderstood what I was saying. I only see this as proof that Complex is more a dictatorship than a server itself.

And even more recently I have grown very distant from Complex because I'm sick of the fact that rules are enforced WAY too heavily. IMO the staff of this server care far more about upholding their own rules than other important aspects of server staffing. And that's another reason I resigned. I couldn't be part of the staff that practice their dictatorship and act like they are superior to the players, lording things over them.

I've seen similar dictatorship practices on other servers as well but to walk on eggshells for the staff members' sakes I won't say server names.

IBeGood

You say that the rules are enforced to heavily, but if they weren't people would just go around breaking them all the time, destroying the server. Also the mods are meant to make people follow the rules so just enforcing the rules doesn't seem like 'power hungry' behavior to me.