Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums currently browsing
Pixelmon Forums click to switch
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Tekkit Forums

BigChiefJerry's Staff Application

Was my application well done, or could I have done better?

• It was well done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could have done better.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BigChiefJerry

1) Whats your IGN?

- My IGN is BigChiefJerry

2) What is your discord name?

- Discord name is 38jj#9404

3) Which server do you primarily play on?

- Almost exclusively the Survival server, but I can do scans over on Factions and what not as a staff.

4)How In-Depth is your knowledge of Tekkit Classic?

- Quite extensive and in-depth, I have been playing it since I was 13, and am 19 now, there are a few things I still have to relearn but it should come to me naturally and if not it won't be difficult by any means to google whatever I may have trouble remembering. The only thing I never really learned from back in the day is ComputerCraft, but If it is a requirement to know, it shouldn't be an issue to get to know it.

5) Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting eachother and you are the only staff member online
how would you deal with this situation?

- I would firstly get them to both start private messaging me, so that I can moderate the situation, hear both sides of the story, and take the argument and possible spam out of the global chat so that all of the other players don't have to see or witness the argument. I would then resolve whatever the issue may have been accordingly, and make sure both sides walked away feeling at the very least that the situation was dealt with fairly, if not excellently.

Everyone should be entitled to their opinion, but we should live in a server where two people can differ in ideals no matter what the subject may be, and be able to still get along happily together, and at the very least respectfully. There are obviously things that will not be tolerated like racism and blatant verbal abuse, but discussions should be open and fair for the most part I believe.

Also just a disclaimer, depending on the extent of the situation or scenario, for any problem at all that may arrive on the server, I will obviously through discord (As I am almost always on it) contact a higher-up should I need guidance or a higher power to handle the situation.

6) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?

- Should a player consistently continue to break rules, whether it be the same rule multiple times, or an amalgamation of rules that he broke once, personally I feel that depending on to what extent the man broke the rule and the context of the situation, I would either give him a final warning that should he break one more rule he will be temporarily banned for a to be determined amount of time, and I would monitor that player very closely. I do believe that rules are rules, but I do believe that some people genuinely make mistakes and have good hearts, so I would assess the situation as it came and make a judgement call based on the respective situation, I want to keep things in order, but I also want it to be a fun and interactive place for all of our players so if a player broke a few different minor rules he forgot about over a decent period of time, and as long as he learns from it then I don't think he shouldn't be allowed to play on the server at all. Should someone consistently break the rules as stated, if it is the same rule(s) over and over again and is clearly just trying to evade the system, then I would inform him of his actions being strongly not allowed on the server, temporarily ban him accordingly, and should he persist after one temporary ban, I think a solid course of action would be to simply ban him indefinitely, and if not indefinitely then for an extensive period of time, we don't need players who think they can ignore all the rules when our community follows them properly and respectfully, those people are definitely better than any one of us.

7) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?

- I am 19 years old, which is still quite young but I have had a lot of work experience in my lifetime, and have seen quite a lot of things and feel I hold a certain maturity that keeps me calm and able to step back and think, assess a situation, etc. I also excel at English, so communication with other players should not be a difficulty for me by any means, I should be able to get whatever message I am trying to convey across quite effectively.

I also used to moderate a few Tekkit classic servers back in the day, but the big one I got to be Head-Admin on was Portal Realms. I am quite sure they fell off the map now and everyone moved on to their lives, but if you were ever curious I am sure you could dig something up on it, most of the community was on the old Enjin forums, and I am unsure if those forums even still exist, but I had a pretty successful time there and I was only about 13 or 14 at the time, 5 years later and I bring a lot more experience to the table.

8) How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?

- I have not played too much of Complex yet I have only been on the server a few days, but when I do play I usually play for at least 4 or 5 hours a day, and on a day off I can play (usually) anywhere up to 8+ hours in a day. I have played video games since I was young and they are truthfully my hobby, and I hold a solid job which enables me to work, live, and play games.

9) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?

- I feel as if I've already ranted a lot about myself in the questions above, the only thing I will say is even though I can be very formal, if you ever got to know me in discord or something, etc, I am not really like that in real life and I like to have fun, but I can keep it professional if I have to.

10) What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)?

- My time zone is MST (Mountain Standard Time) and I am from Canada. I don't know where most people from the server are from, but not a lot of people share my time zone, and I think Ill be a helpful addition in terms of having staff on at all times. I can usually play in the afternoon before work a little bit from 12-4ish, and at night from 11:30 to 4 or 5 AM on a regular work day. On days off typically if I am not doing anything I can play basically all day.

Last edited: