Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Tekkit Forums

Hayley's Staff Application

Angelyss

Staff Application Requirement Checklist

I'm 20 years old this year.

Active Player! (Online Often)

I'm very active on the server with an average of 3+ hours played a day - I doubt I will have any issues meeting any of the playtime requirements.

Helpful and Knowledgeable Tekkit Player!

I've been playing Tekkit on and off since 2012, but the cumulative playtime I have on this Modpack and Minecraft in general is more than sufficient to cover all bases.

Has/Uses Discord Often!

I've been using Discord for a variety of things for the longest time, so I'll be readily contactable on that platform.

Now, on to the application itself:

In-game Name: Hayley
Minecraft Username: Angelyss
DiscordTag: Angelyss#7216

Which server do you primarily play on?
I mainly play on the Survival server.

How in-depth is your knowledge of Tekkit Classic?
I'm someone who has staunchly stuck to Tekkit Classic even with the advent of Tekkit Lite (and later on, Tekkit Legends). As mentioned previously, I've been playing Tekkit since it was originally popular in 2012. I've spent a lot of time playing it since then, albeit with breaks in between, and as a result, my knowledge about this Modpack is very extensive.

Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting each other and you are the only staff member online. How would you deal with this situation?
Ideally, I wouldn't allow an altercation between players devolve to the point where they are flinging insults at each other. However, in the case where it is inevitable, I would calmly approach both of them and refer them to the rules to kindly remind them to be respectful of others on the server, before issuing citations to both of them. Should this be insufficient to deal with the problem (i.e the players refuse to heed the warning and continue to argue), I will not hesitate to exercise my staff powers and mute them. While I am firmly against authority through power alone, I do not back down when the need arises for me to use the tools at my disposal to deal with errant players who are disrupting the experience on the server for others.

How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?
i would assume that there are already staff-exclusive guidelines outlining the punishment sequence to deal with repeat offenders, so the correct answer would be to just follow the standard protocol laid out to us. Going in blind, however, I would start small with a warning on the first offense before progressing to mutes, kicks and ultimately a ban if a player proves to be extremely unmanageable and an overall detriment to the server. Of course, this is all very situational because different punishments suit different offenses (e.g I wouldn't mute someone for breaking minprice rules), but the general idea is to use progressively severe punishments the more rules a player breaks successively.

What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?
I have a wide range of useful skills that will allow me to contribute significantly to Complex Gaming given the opportunity. Content generation is at the core of my abilities; writing and editing quality work comes very naturally to me. Graphic design is also part of my skillset, and my game design philosophy is tempered by my insight to maximize existing resources to create fun and exciting activities for the playerbase to participate in. Combined with my fundamental technical know-how and experience managing dedicated servers, I bring to the table a full suite of capabilities that allow me to play almost any role assigned to me.

How many hours per week do you normally play on Complex Gaming?
I usually play a minimum of 20 hours a week, though it can go a lot higher than that.

Is there anything else the Complex Gaming team should know about you?
Under my belt is a wealth of experience staffing game servers and community management in general. On top of being a central part of leadership in top competitive MMORPG guilds in the past, I've also been a key staff member of two of the top Terraria servers in the past. I was previously the principal developer of the popular RPG server Saybrook's Planet, which is unfortunately now defunct. I was also concurrently the Community Manager of Aurora Gaming, which sports both Terraria and Minecraft communities. My skills encompass the entirety of their hierarchies, as I started as a Helper in both servers and progressed steadily to the managerial level. This means that while I'm adept in leading large scale projects and managing the community as a unit, I am not averse to micromanagement and undertaking simple staff jobs and interacting with players on a daily basis, assisting them wherever I can.

What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on?
I live in Southeast Asia; my timezone is GMT+8. I'm typically online during the day, though I do stretch my nights sometimes when playing. I think this would make me slightly more of a valuable asset to the team as I've noticed that most of the current staff are situated in Western timezones and I'm able to provide support in a time of day that's usually dead in terms of staff presence.

To conclude, I believe that I am more than capable to take on the mantle of a staff member in this community, and I hope you will give me the chance to contribute through this medium. I look forward to the possibility of working with the staff team.

Thank you for reading my application! ^^~

Last edited by a moderator: