Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums currently browsing
Pixelmon Forums click to switch
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Tekkit Forums

Myloxl's Helper Application 2

Myloxl

Hello there, it's me again! After a haitus from tekkit due to exams, life, and travel, i'm putting this out to re-earn my past spot among the staff team.
Let's do the list again, but without copy-pasting my old application.

1) Whats your IGN?
Myloxl

2) What is your discord name?
Eilumi#4214

3) Which server do you primarily play on?
Survival

4)How In-Depth is your knowledge of Tekkit Classic?
I've been playing tekkit since as early as 2012, giving me an approximate experience level of 6-7 years. I've gained knowledge on nearly every modpack it has in store, with my only weakness being computer craft. IC2, Buildcraft, Equivalent Exchange, Redpower, Reactors, Blutricity, pneumatics, its all common knowledge to me at this stage.

5) Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting each other and you are the only staff member online how would you deal with this situation?
As a past staff member I already have experience in how to handle situations like this. My first step would be to give each player a simple warning to tell them to stop. Most the time this tends to end the issue, but if someone persists, it'd become a 10 minute mute, or longer depending on the severity of their toxicity. If they carry on after the initial mute, it'd become 30 minutes or worse, along with a cite.

6) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?
All players deserve a few chances as accidents can happen, but if a player is purposely breaking the rules again and again, I would make the punishments more severe for each repeated offense. If it's done in a short period of time, i'd issue the standard penalty, then the next step beyond that, and if they really continued, i'd consider kicking them as a final warning. (or at later levels jailing for really bad behaviour) Temp and permanent bans may be in place if they continue even further, with admin approval.

7) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?
Although a few others might be able to use this as well, you guys at Complex Gaming have already hired me in the past and had trained me in the basic moderation skills necessary for chat, and both discord. For experience minecraft wise, I have moderated a minecraft server for the Pantheon Community before, and for discord I am most notably the moderator for Kurzgesagt's discord, managing their perms and channels in my spare time.

8) How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?
I've just recently returned from my trip to Melbourne but even prior I had been balancing an average of about 15 hours a week, although this may start to decline with university starting again.

9) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?
I'm still currently an Engineering Student which means I do have dips in activity taken up by my studies. However this semester i've considerably reduced the days i'm on campus meaning I should be able to keep up with the hour demand.

And for those curious as to why I resigned before, It was right before the start of a 4-week exam block and my full focus had to go to studying. Looking back on it now I would probably of been better off signing a temp-leave notice rather than properly resigning, but the past is in the past and i'm willing to earn my role again the long way.

10) What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)?
+8:00, AWST
Times vary again on day from 4pm to 8pm, to 6-10pm, or even 11am-8pm.

If you need more information, feel free to contact me on the discord whenever you want. (Name linked above)