Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums click to switch
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums currently browsing

Vanilla Forums

So about the virus...

Dude3ds

While I can fully understand that it’s an issue worth watching and worrying about, I feel as if people are taking it out of hand and are just overhyping it. Can’t seem to go anywhere without talking about it. People, in my own opinion (not being insensitive), are making sound 10x worse than it possibly could be. It really is akin to the flu after all. But just like Ebola, people like to take some things to the extreme I guess. Stay safe yes, but don’t let it scare you from enjoying life people.

Lazerblast

i totally see what you're saying. people shouldn't freak out about it but of course you should do the normal hygienic things we always do like washing hands, using disinfecting wipes on tables, keyboards, etc.
it's crazy how much it's spread though. i understand why some are scared.

Eiyis

The severity of the virus is not the issue, but rather the fact that we have no way to check its spread outside of social distancing. Read any reliable article on the topic - look at Paris, Turkey, or Hong Kong - the cost of a few months of "living", I think, is worth preventing that kind of catastrophe by just staying home.

bellabribri1

It's insane trying to watch the news.. I'm not sure where you guys are in the world, but here in America it seems very divided.... Some say go out and have fun its nothing to worry about, but the other half say it's super dangerous to go out and please stay indoors.

Eiyis

I think saying it's "dangerous" is misleading. The risk is relatively low. Some of the people saying that too have just caught on to the fear of other people. It's not a big deal to stay home, it's literally just to make the virus more manageable for our medical system. The individual risk from this virus is low.