Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums click to switch
Feed the Beast Forums currently browsing
Vanilla Forums click to switch

FTB Forums

Dragon Egg

Hardenstone

Hey guys,

I'm really enjoying the server and the challenges that FTB Revelation has to offer in comparison to 1.7.10 mod packs.

I'm heading towards the endgame of the mods I'm focusing on and I noticed that it seems to be impossible to obtain dragon eggs by killing ender dragons - I only got like 8 when cashing in some of the uncommon crate keys I got for logging in.

Is that a bug? The end seems oddly restricted and killing an ender dragon only gives me the heart plus the other minor items that it drops, so I wonder if that is on purpose? If so then it would be nice to mention it on the rules/banned items list cause eggs are mandatory if you want to step up to the last draconic tier.

Cheers & keep on the good work!
Harden

froob956

I'm sorry for the slow reply, what do you mean you can't get dragon eggs from the dragon? It should drop them, are you unable to retrieve them?

Hardenstone

Hi froob, no problem. I just tried it again and now an egg spawned right next to the portal. Could it be the problem that in my previous attempts I always killed the dragon while it was hovering near the ground and this time I killed him mid air? However: The egg is sitting there right now but how can I collect it? I know the old trick of putting a torch underneath it, but this area is restricted for any kind of interaction and clicking it doesn't make it teleport somewhere else. Any chance to check on this?

froob956

Hi froob, no problem. I just tried it again and now an egg spawned right next to the portal. Could it be the problem that in my previous attempts I always killed the dragon while it was hovering near the ground and this time I killed him mid air? However: The egg is sitting there right now but how can I collect it? I know the old trick of putting a torch underneath it, but this area is restricted for any kind of interaction and clicking it doesn't make it teleport somewhere else. Any chance to check on this?
I can logon now, and take a look, but I'd like to do it when you're online, if possible. If not that is fine as well, hitting the egg should make it move though.

Edit: I've logged on and confirmed the issue you're having, I'll investigate further and let you know when I have a solution for you. Thank you for the patience.

You can get a faster response from the staff on our discord server, it's not a requirement but will reduce the time it takes for you to get a response.

Last edited:

froob956

The dragon egg that was on the ground is now in your inventory. There is now a piston and lever on the ground for you to be able to pick up the eggs yourself. Please let me know if you have any more issues.

Hardenstone

Thx for checking! I killed three more dragons in a row - none of them spawned an egg which is really strange. The first dragon upon death dived down on the portal though and seemingly wiped away the piston and the other blocks you placed there.

Don't know what's going on with the dragons not spawning eggs - yesterday was the first and only one out of a total of like 10 dragons I killed so far who spawned one. Not sure what to do.

froob956

Thx for checking! I killed three more dragons in a row - none of them spawned an egg which is really strange. The first dragon upon death dived down on the portal though and seemingly wiped away the piston and the other blocks you placed there.

Don't know what's going on with the dragons not spawning eggs - yesterday was the first and only one out of a total of like 10 dragons I killed so far who spawned one. Not sure what to do.
From what I can tell, it looks like the drop rate has been modified. Now with that being said, it has been announced today that FTB rev, will be resetting/receiving a fresh wipe tomorrow.

Hardenstone

From what I can tell, it looks like the drop rate has been modified. Now with that being said, it has been announced today that FTB rev, will be resetting/receiving a fresh wipe tomorrow.
Ok thx for making that clear. Well, I guess the wipe solves my problem in an uninteded way lol :)