Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums currently browsing
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums click to switch

Pixelmon Forums

Pixelmon

Timing out while connected to pixelmon

Calebs1101

Hello there, I'm a new player to the network, I've been trying to play pixelmon and have been timing out while connected to the server. I can play the vanilla servers with no issues without timing out. I've tried reinstalling the pack multiple times now, and relinked my minecraft account. Looking for help troubleshooting this thanks in advance :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Calebs1101

Hey there, could you tell me your in game name and version you are trying to connect to?
Thanks for the reply, sorry for not getting back to you sooner, was at work. My In game name is CalebS1101 and trying to connect to pixelmon platinum, pack version is 8.4.2. I can maintain connection for a little while but time out after awhile.

Verannie_

Hm, okay. Was it working properly earlier? When the problems started?
Could you also tell me what launcher you use and how much RAM you have allocated?

Calebs1101

I didn't have very much time to play yesterday, but was some of the same lag I would get right before timing out. I'm on the technic launcher, and have 4 gb allocated. My problems had started pretty much 5 minutes after joining the pixelmon server for the first time.

Verannie_

Okay, could you try this? (if you use windows)

Press Windows Key + R to open Run
Type control and click OK
In Control Panel, go to Network and Internet
Click on Change Adapter Settings from the left pane
Right-click on your network adapter and select Properties
Scroll down and double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Select Use the following DNS server addresses option
Enter the following in the Preferred and Alternate DNS server field, respectively:
Click OK to save the changes

Calebs1101

Okay, could you try this? (if you use windows)

Press Windows Key + R to open Run
Type control and click OK
In Control Panel, go to Network and Internet
Click on Change Adapter Settings from the left pane
Right-click on your network adapter and select Properties
Scroll down and double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Select Use the following DNS server addresses option
Enter the following in the Preferred and Alternate DNS server field, respectively:
Click OK to save the changes
its working better, but just timed out again. Technic launcher console log right before it happened. not sure if it'll help. Thanks for the assistance you're providing.

Attachments