Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums click to switch
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums currently browsing

Vanilla Forums

Everyone can agree

vicuslapuse

So my IGN is vicuslapuse and I’ve been playing on your Vanilla Skyblock server for a while now. Additionally, I am a Donator (Survivor) if that changes anything. It has come to my attention recently that there are multiple issues with the server which have not been signaled or solved and I am therefore writing this message to you in order to possible solve them - fast. Firstly, there is a severe amount of lag on the server such as block lack or ping spikes; We know the recent coronavirus epidemic has caused large increases in player numbers however this issue has not yet been solved and has caused a number of people to leave the server for competitors. Secondly, after making a suggestions previously on your online forum we have still not seen a reduction in the number of players asking very basic questions. It is imperative for new players to receive a book with all commands AND, explanations concerning the levels you get by killing mobs etc... or how to level up your island. It is not yet explained anywhere and is confusing masses of players. This is causing an overload of basic questions such as « how do you invite people to your island » in chat which is very irritating to other players and at times makes it hard to read important messages. Thirdly, there is a very very severe issue wit mob stacking... If a player were to have a zombie spawned on one side of his island, and a free roaming zombie were to be on the other side of his island, the spawned would keep stacking zombies in that roaming zombie and not where the farm is, making farms very maintenance intensive and irritating to use. Additionally, we (frequent players of the server) have noticed mobs stacking but only dropping the loot if one mob worth when killed, rendering farm once again.... useless. Lastly, an issue which has brought anger to many players is the tick speed. We understand tick speed must be reduced in order to reduce lag however it is severely affecting any type of redstone clock or sorting system. One of the main activities on Skyblock is the exchange and selling of goods meaning the creation of shops. Once a player reaches a certain level, it is imperative to have a sorting system to automatically refill your shop - which everyone has done however they often do not work due to hopper speed differences and settings. We therefore are asking if you could 1. Reduce block lag, 2. Make it easier for new players to understand basic commands and Skyblock game mode, 3. Fix the Issue with mob stacking as fast as possible, 4. Find a way around tick speed decreases or simply making sorting systems work. We understand the amount of work you have due to the recent period of crisis and are fully committed into helping if possible. These issues have been causing a multitude of players to leave for other servers, even the most committed and frequent players who own ranks. This can result in the server receiving a bad image and feedback and overall reduce your changes at maximizing profits through your rank and other sales. Oh and ps: When owners, managers or high ups are online, please allow a conversation to begin with them so we can understand what is going on and not get as frustrated. In a period of server issues, seeing the owner or manager login to then logout moments after has created extensive anger throughout. And when a mod logs in, he/she is often overloaded with questions, resulting in them complaining, logging back out and ultimately, all the issues not being dealt with efficiently. If there were not as many issues left un repaired, there would not be this many players spamming mods when they log on... and tickets are often slow and in efficient. I hope you take the time to read this and possibly do something about it. I am taking time to write this complaint/report for the greater good of the community AND as a economics graduate, to help you maximise your profits. WIN WIN situation :)