Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums click to switch
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums currently browsing

Vanilla Forums

Black Dye (Survival)

iZakeh

This is a rant of my me looking for black dye as it was pretty much impossible to get lots of it as I needed around a double chest worth. So on survival there is only two ways to get black dye, inc sacs and withered roses. Inc sacs are hard to get on your server as there is no river biome + the spawns are decreased considerably. You could always make a squid farm you could say. Yes, a squid farm works in a river and ocean biome but since there is barely any sponge on the server you cant drain a ocean (50 block radius) for the farm to work properly. You could always go for inc sacs whilst fishing in vanilla but i've only seen that happen once in hours of fishing any you only get 10. Now on to withered roses, obviously quite difficult to get because first you have to get 3 wither skulls then have the wither kills mobs nearby to give withered roses. But since your plug-in that stacks mobs you wont get the amount that you have in that area. Note this is just a theory as i am not going farming for skulls for 3 hours just to get a couple withered roses.

So please, add them to shop to buy. Or at least make squid spawn more or something. I dont know just i am not able to do any large projects without black dye that is used for concrete and glass. Thanks.