Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums click to switch
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums currently browsing

Vanilla Forums

Goodbye [Please Read]

Should we have received the payment for all top 3 prizes?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yureethra

It's been a good season long run for me on the Factions server. However, all good things must come to an end.

Me and two friends from school came across this server looking to earn some cash while in isolation. None of us had played Minecraft in a couple of years so thought it could be a good bit of fun. We grinded for a couple of days, made some new friends along the way, merged with them, and started to build up a decent reputation as a competitive faction. As the weeks ticked by, we found ourselves at the top of the faction leaderboard. With all previous competition banned for various reasons, we decided to grind on. In the last week of the competition, we found that our faction had enough hard earned money to split and collect all the cash prizes. We decided this was a logical move, as there was no rule published saying that this wasn't allowed. Staff knew that we were the top 3 factions, and neglected to inform us that this was not allowed.

The reset was a couple of hours ago, and the winners of the prizes were announced. We were shocked to see our names weren't on the list, and instead the 4th and 5th placed factions had been given the 2nd and 3rd prize. This was shocking to us for many reasons. Firstly, the 2nd place winners had been previously banned for hacking, as they were caught by us personally while using auto clickers to farm money. Secondly, how could it be that we weren't receiving all prizes? We had worked hard for the money, and followed the rules as well as helping to enforce them at times. As you'd expect, we immediately contacted staff. They told us that we were breaking the rules as we had an "unfair advantage". There was nothing we did that was unfair, we worked hard to earn those places and any other player could have done the same if they had really wanted to.

We have been punished for breaking a rule that doesn't exist. In my eyes as well as my mates, this is simply unfair, as we have been stripped of our entitled money. I'd like to get the public's opinion on this matter, so please vote in the poll above.

This considering, as well as my donator rank being stripped of certain perks, and my permanent mute for sharing a discord link in private, I have decided to quit the server for good.

Thank you for your time, stay safe.
Yuree

Last edited:

D33p

As of the time this post was made I have 7 days on in game playtime on factions. I love this server to death but man the way this was handled rubs me wrong. I don't care if a faction can't claim all three, but that needs to be made crystal clear to all the players. Everyone in Reign/First as well as the other factions grinded their asses off for half of what they were expecting. I'm not going anywhere, my drive to play hasn't decreased, but to see someone who was a part of the core playerbase on this server be treated so poorly disheartens me.

We'll miss you Yuree, whether its shitposting in all chat or raiding or grinding. Best of luck to you.

Yureethra

As of the time this post was made I have 7 days on in game playtime on factions. I love this server to death but man the way this was handled rubs me wrong. I don't care if a faction can't claim all three, but that needs to be made crystal clear to all the players. Everyone in Reign/First as well as the other factions grinded their asses off for half of what they were expecting. I'm not going anywhere, my drive to play hasn't decreased, but to see someone who was a part of the core playerbase on this server be treated so poorly disheartens me.

We'll miss you Yuree, whether its shitposting in all chat or raiding or grinding. Best of luck to you.
You're so cheeky, much love.

MrFijiWater

Agreed, there were no rules permitted against this, they worked their butts off all month and deserve their reward. If it is viewed as "unfair" that they won all three prize places.... it doesn't have to be fair, they one it fair and square. It isn't their fault that they had no other competition because everyone got banned.

Yureethra

Agreed, there were no rules permitted against this, they worked their butts off all month and deserve their reward. If it is viewed as "unfair" that they won all three prize places.... it doesn't have to be fair, they one it fair and square. It isn't their fault that they had no other competition because everyone got banned.
Cheers for your support, Fiji.