Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums click to switch
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums currently browsing

Vanilla Forums

Just me venting about staff and my punishment

Hellhound1408

Got banned for placing a sign that reads "nigwand". A totally made up word that I decided to name my villager. Got me a 3 day ban for "inappropriate building". After making a ticket and explaining its not a real word. They tell me it doesn't matter if it is made up. Since it begins with nig it could be seen as racist. Even though there are plenty of words that begin with nig that have no connotations to racism. For example night. But because there is one word out of all the words that begin with nig, it is considered racist. Apparently that means all words that start with nig is "discriminatory". These are admins words below.NIG is off limits.PNG
First the part about "generally words that start with..." No there is ONE word that starts with nig that is racist. Out of the many words that start with nig. Why do I not appeal this? I can't because I reached my appeal limit even though my last appeal got approved and I was unbanned. I get a 3 day ban because of a made-up word that starts with N-I-G. And I can not appeal it because I have reached my appeal limit due to a FALSE ban. I ask to talk to higher-ups, they say DJ doesn't need to be involved.this isnt fair, I shouldn't get banned for something like this in the first place, and I shouldn't be able to hit an appeal limit due to other false bans that had to appeal.

more bs.PNG

Appealled bans shouldn't count towards the appeal limit. With this system, staff can wrongly ban you as much as they want until you can no longer appeal. This whole issue could of been resolved with a sign break. Not a 3 day ban for something as lose as a word that starts with nig. This was handled horribly! JUST BREAK THE SIGN. or tell me this made-up word could come off as offensive, could you break the sign. takes 5 seconds and problem solved. But no this is fit for a 3 day ban, as if I had mallice intent to trigger someone who cant even reach that part of the island.

MattandMaddy

Hello my hell's friend and I were banned for the exact same reason and got my ban appealed. I do not think it is fair staff can falsely ban Hell and he can not do anything about it. Whats even more unfair is that I'm one closer to my appeal limit because of a FALSE ban.

creepermzl

I wasn't aware there was an appeal limit, what is it, and do they ever refresh? Also hellhound, I agree with you, out of all the words that start with those 3 letters, only 1 is the actual racist word. I think that part of it is that staff don't want to go back on their decision, which might not be right, but makes sense. Hope to see you back online soon!

EDIT: Just read the appeal rules, and I guess you get 5 appeals. I think appeals should depend on your playtime, but thats just me.

Last edited:

Zexvc69

i definitlly agree i was banned for naming my sword hanime in the prison section i never promoted or anything but was still banned

LilNoops

I believe that the sole purpose of you naming thing those names were referring to things that are "inappropriate" or "Racist". It may all be a big misunderstanding but they thought you named things those names for the sole purpose of representing what it means indirectly. It's hard to put it into words. It might just be for memes, but other people may not thing the same. I don't really know, just giving my thoughts.