The following thread covers some simple information how to keep your account safe and to prevent incidents.
- Do not share your account. The account holder is responsible for the account and any actions performed with it, so if your friend gets punished, you can't appeal and say it was him.
- Buy accounts from Mojang. Accounts purchased from a third party website have a high chance of either being leaked or you risk getting something non functional.
- Your minecraft and forums password should have a minimum length of 15 characters
- Use a mix of letters, numbers and special characters
- Keep your passwords unique, don't use them elsewhere
- Setup 2FA for your accounts
- You can do that for our Forums here, "Verification Code via App" is recommended.
- You can do that ingame as well by running /2fa and following the instructions.