Vanilla Forums currently browsing

Vanilla Forums

[⭐] How to appeal a punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyFault

Retired Manager
Hello,

if you feel, that you are falsely muted or banned, you can create an appeal on our forums. We suggest you to read this thread and follow it carefully. It increases your chances for a faster response.

Appeals can be made solely on the forums. Asking any staff member to view your ban appeal, will result in an instant denial.
We will only deal with appeals marked as appeals, so ensure to select the right category.
If you don't have an account yet, you can register easily by clicking the "Register" button.

Please Note
Like this thread already explains, you are responsible for your account and will be held accountable for other people's actions on your account.

The Rules
You maybe want to read the rules before raising an appeal. Even if your punishment is not stated word by word, it does not mean you are unfairly punishment. It is either covered by another rule or an inherited rule.

Accounts bought via 3rd parties
We've seen a some people who purchased accounts from 3rd party sellers and find them banned or muted on our servers. These accounts are excluded from appeals, we highly suggest purchasing accounts solely from the Microsoft only. Click here to go to the official store.

FAQ
Why has my appeal been reviewed by a bot?
Your appeal has been reviewed by a human, but the communication has been outsourced to a bot.
The staff team deals with lots of appeals a day, therefore we cannot give custom responses to each appeal.
Using a bot allows us to handle more appeals within a short period and return faster to you!

I am punished for a short period, can I appeal it still?
Yes, but, we do not suggest appealing a punishment with a duration lower than 2 hours. Punishments with such a low duration will most likely not be accepted, just wait them out.

Can I buy an unban/unmute?
No

I am muted for ban/mute evasion, what does that mean?
You used an alternate account to evade an existing punishment on your main account.
If you are not banned and still received such a message, you may have used a VPN or a public wifi.
You can raise an appeal, yet it does not mean it gets accepted, even if you are innocent. VPN's are mainly used to perform malicious tasks, so we suggest not using one.

The Appeal
You have to fill out every field to submit the appeal, if you are unsure what to fill in, take a look at the footer of the field, it tells you where to find certain information.
In the large text box at the bottom you have enough space to write out why you want to be unbanned/unmuted.
Be as descriptive as possible and go into detail. In previous appeals we found that the highest quality appeals were a minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 500. If you do not meet any of the requirements listed please do not send in an appeal.
Keep in mind, being kind, friendly and patient will most likely get you a positive result, rather than being toxic, mad and falsifying information.

Now you are ready to raise an appeal,
you can submit a ban appeal here and a mute appeal here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.